Friday, August 3, 2012

Book Review: Harry Potter & The Half-Blood Prince





I literally devoured this book. I read it so fast and loved it so much. I bawled my eyes out at the end and gripped the book so hard in frustration through the rest. I know the truth about Snape as I've seen the movies, but reading about his wish-washy ways still angered me. The explanation of the Horcruxes was very helpful, as I don't recall much explanation of them in the movie, or I just wasn't paying attention and found myself confused over them in the movies. And Hagrid caring for Aragog was sweet and yet disturbing (big spider hater here).

I loved the Pensieve parts where they went and watched Tom Riddle's life, it was like learning about someone you actually knew, where after you look at them in a different way. You wanted to have sympathy for Voldemort, yet you know that it's completely wrong to do so.

And ugh. The death of Dumbledore was hard! I knew it was coming having seen the movie prior, but it didn't mean I was any more prepared for it when it came. The way it was written was both sad and beautiful. And I enjoyed reading about it more than I did watching it.

All in all this was a really good book, and I'm already delving into Deathly Hallows with a review soon to come.

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are now officially a Potter nerd!! Hahaha. I totally cried when Dumbledore died too! :( But brace yourself, there are a lot of sad deaths in DH that they didn't focus on much in the movie. Plus, in the books you just become more attached to these charactors, you get to know them better! They just dont have time for that in the movies. These books are just so good! I think I read Deathly Hallows in 2 days! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving the books so much! I don't know why I waited so long to read them. I'm about 200 pages I think from finishing Deathly Hallows. For some reason this one is taking longer to read. I think I've just had more going on. But I'm to where they just robbed Gringotts and He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named now knows they are looking for horcruxes. I'm going to be so lost when I finish the series. haha

      Delete

I loves me some comments!